Group Volunteer Opportunities
Avivo offers a variety of group volunteer opportunities, both on-site and off-site. Please contact us at email@example.com to explore group volunteer opportunities that are right for you.
Kit assembly volunteer needs (contents for kits can be collected through a drive, purchased, or donated):
- Personal care kits: Suggested items include bars of soap, toothbrushes, toothpast, shampoo, deodorant, washcloths, combs/brushes.
- Job search kits: Help people land their first job, next job, or their dream job. Suggested items include 3-ring binders, daily planners, pens, notepads, flash drives.
- Snack packs: Help young people by providing them healthy snacks. Suggested items include fruit cups, granola bars, bottled water.
- Cleaning kits: Help people live in their new home with a start kit. Suggested items include all-purpose cleaner, Windex, sponges, dish soap, hand soap.
- Kitchen essentials kits: Help people and families transitioning from homelessness. Suggested items include dish soap, sponges, drying racks, dish towels, serving spoons/spatulas, can openers, pots, pans.
- Welcome home kits: Help families moving out of a shelter and into their own home. Suggested items include bedding, pillows, towels.
Seasonal volunteer project needs (fun projects for families, friends, businesses, book clubs, or any group):
- Build-a-Backpack Initiative: Backpacks filled with new school supplies give children confidence on the first day of school and beyond. Options include hosting a collection drive, donating supplies, helping to sort and assemble supplies for distribution.
- Adopt-A-Family Holiday Gifts: Purchase holiday gifts for a family participating in an Avivo program. You/Your group will be matched with a family and provided with a gift wish list.
On-site at an Avivo location:
- Caring cooks: Provide a meal for families participating in career advancement workshops or family programming. Prepare and serve a meal one time, monthly, or quarterly.
- Mock interviewers: Provide valuable practice for participants to refine their interviewing skills. This is a great opportunity for co-workers and work teams.