We’re still helping individuals & families
COVID-19 Information and Protocol
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, Avivo is remaining a steady presence of support for our community. While we are actively committed to helping slow the spread of the coronavirus, we are not slowing our daily efforts to meet the urgent needs of people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, addiction, poverty and unemployment. And we are also committed to keeping our participants, employees, and workplaces safe.
Avivo is HERE. We remain grateful for our passionate staff, committed funders, and dedicated partners whose support powers our response and innovation during this challenging time!
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- Masks or face coverings and social distancing are required by staff and guests at all Avivo locations. Guests and participants should expect entrance assessments of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Chemical health assessments, residential and outpatient treatment programming are provided in-person, with mitigation measures in place. Telehealth options are also available for assessments and outpatient treatment, when needed.
- Our mental health clinic is currently providing in-person care for diagnostic assessments and therapy. We are providing target case management services directly to individuals in the community and have added telehealth options.
- Transitional recovery housing, Avivo Village, street outreach teams and housing case managers are serving individuals in-person with high mitigation measures in place. COVID-19 testing is utilized for residents and staff.
- Our Community Support Program (CSP) serving Hennepin County residents living with mental illness transitioned to community-based programming from its site-based model and provides safe activities for connection and engagement.
- Employment services are currently offered virtually. Individual appointments can also be made with career counselors or staff directly.
- Avivo Institute of Career & Technical Education is currently providing small, in-person classroom instruction at our St. Cloud and Minneapolis locations, following Avivo’s Preparedness Plan. Online learning is also offered.
- We are ensuring the highest level of infection prevention and control, sanitation, and hygiene for our locations that are open to the public.
- A number of Avivo locations remain temporarily closed to the public where services are offered virtually or in the community. Please call before stopping by.
- An Avivo COVID-19 Task Force leads our monitoring, planning, decision-making and communications.
- Avivo operates from a Preparedness Plan that guides site-specific COVID-19 mitigation measures.
We continue to monitor information and implement recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities.
We are grateful for our many funders and donors whose support continues to help Avivo provide critical services and respond to the urgent basic needs of the individuals and families we serve.
Together, we can remain strong for the individuals and families we serve. Thank you in advance for your continued partnership in serving Minnesotans who need our help the most.
If you would like to support Avivo with a financial contribution, you still can!