We’re still helping individuals & families
COVID-19: Avivo Response
A steady presence of support for our communities’ most vulnerable members, Avivo is absolutely committed to helping our public health leaders slow the spread of the virus and not slow our daily efforts to meet the urgent needs of people living in homelessness, mental illness, addiction, or poverty and unemployment. We are also committed to keeping our employees and workplaces safe. While our response is powered by passionate staff, committed funders, and dedicated partners, increased innovation is requiring heightened partnership and support.
Highlights of our Response
- An Avivo COVID-19 Task Force leads our monitoring, planning, decision-making and communications.
- We are implementing site-specific COVID-19 response plans, enabling us to: Provide chemical assessments, residential and outpatient treatment programming with mitigation measures in place
- Add telehealth or mobile services on a case-by-case basis, to serve off-site participants in the areas of mental health
- Ensure the highest level of infection prevention and control, sanitation and hygiene for our public spaces, group rooms, and transitional recovery housing
- Provide employment services including emergency support for our families working to move off public assistance
- Conduct our career education classes, transitioning from in-person to online learning
- Temporarily suspend our community support programming (involving groups at 3 locations) until further notice
- Monitoring information and implementing recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and state and local public health authorities.
- Enacting staff remote work and flexible scheduling to maintain services and ensure Avivo continues to serve our communities’ most vulnerable individuals and families.
Increased needs for people we serve
As we monitor and respond to this pandemic, Avivo’s funding needs for both heightened innovation and the physical needs of basic necessities for the people we serve are significant. You can help by:
- Dropping off much-needed basic necessities for our participants at our 1900 Chicago Avenue location. Visit our urgent need list.
- Making a financial donation at avivomn.org/donate/give-online
As this situation evolves, Avivo is taking every step to protect our participants, staff, visitors, families, and friends. At the same time, we remain committed to welcoming new participants in need of our help – especially in this heightened time of need.