Individual Volunteer Opportunities at Avivo
“I always come away feeling fresh and rejuvenated, ready to go back to work after seeing all the cool stuff people are doing.” Taylor, ArtWorks Volunteer
Avivo offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and we will work with you to find the right one for your skills. Opportunities exist to help people get jobs and learn new careers, or to help people with chemical and mental health concerns. Explore volunteer opportunities here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Opportunities exist to help people get jobs or learn new careers, or to help people with chemical and mental health concerns.
Volunteer opportunities to help people get jobs:
- Job search assistant in our computer labs
- Mock interviewer to help participants refine their skills
- Classroom assistant for 1:1 support to adult students in training
- Women’s programs career mentor
- Virtual Career Center assistant to help job seekers
Volunteer opportunities to help people with substance abuse and/or mental health concerns:
- Drop-in assistant: Interact with program members during drop-in or social programs
- Arts and Crafts leader, one time, monthly or lead weekly groups
- Wellness activity leader, one time, monthly or lead weekly groups (e.g., Tai Chi or yoga)
- Music or pet therapy
- Child development assistant