Mechatronics Training Program
This 348-hour (13 week) course teaches skills and knowledge needed for a wide range of manufacturing and warehouse jobs, including equipment terminology, inventory, LEAN production and manufacturing, materials handling, quality assurance, forklift safety training, industrial electronics, motor controls, programmable logic controllers, mechanical drives, and troubleshooting. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level positions in manufacturing, mechanical automation, and machine maintenance.
Course also includes ISO standards and OSHA 10 training, as well as preparation for the Manufacturing Skills Standard Council (MSSC) and Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Certification (PMMI) exams.
Graduates will acquire knowledge and skills in:
- LEAN and ISO Standards,
- Manufacturing and warehousing responsibilities
- Reading blueprints,
- Forklift safety,
- Applied math and Microsoft Office products, and
- Attain credentials in OSHA General Industry Safety and Health Training, as well as Forklift Safety Operator Certification, and
- Prepare for Manufacturing Skills Standard Council (MSSC) and Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Certification (PMMI).
Entry-level jobs after training and PMMI Certification and MMSC Certification include:
- Machine Maintenance ($13-$22/hour)
- Industrial Mechanic ($20-$26/hour)
Career pathways requiring 2+ years of experience and/or Apprenticeship/associates degree:
- Engineering Technician ($25-$27/hour)
- CNC Machine Programmer ($21-$25/hour)
Sample jobs requiring 5+ years of experience and/or bachelors or associates degree:
- Production Manager ($42-$47/hour)
- Mechanical Engineer ($34-$40/hour)