Maintenance Custodial Training Program
This 375-hour (13 week) course teaches technical and hands-on skills training in tool use, safety, plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall, circuitry, and heating and air conditioning. Avivo graduates are equipped for jobs in general maintenance, including janitorial positions, and custodial positions.
This course also includes on-the-job training, as well as preparation for Boilers License Exam (Minnesota Department of Labor Special Class Engineer License) and preparation of Certified Pool Operator.
Graduates will acquire knowledge and skills in:
- Safety procedures,
- Electricity and circuitry,
- Heating and air conditioning,
- Restroom and office cleaning,
- Painting and carpentry,
- Carpet and hard floor care techniques, and
- Attain credentials in Special Class Engineers License and Certified Pool Operator.
Entry-level jobs after training and initial Boiler/Pool operator licenses include:
- Property Maintenance ($14-$15/hour)
- Groundskeeper ($14-$23/hour)
Career pathways requiring 2+ years of experience and/or associates degree/apprenticeships:
- HVAC Maintenance ($15-$26/hour)
- Custodial Supervisor ($13-$19/hour)
Sample jobs requiring 5+ years of experience and/or bachelors or associates degree:
- Operations Manager ($37-$47/hour)
- Property Manager ($19-$28/hour)
To learn more or request an enrollment or referral form, sign up for a free information session or call Priscilla Weah at 612-752-8445.