Women’s Career Services
Avivo’s career services for women are designed to address the unique needs of very specific women who are trying to advance their careers:
- Single working mothers who need higher wages to support themselves and their families, and
- Unemployed or underemployed women who are managing a career transition to support themselves.
Career services for single, working mothers
We provide career exploration and wage advancement services for low-income, employed single mothers who are financially supporting their children. An experienced counselor assists participants as they:
- Identify strengths and interests
- Create resumes and cover letters
- Set goals
- Build professional networks
- Develop interview skills
- Find training and enhancement courses
- Become stable and achieve economic goals
Supportive workshops are offered during the day and evening, on a weekly basis. They cover various career advancement and family life topics.
Services are free, and open to women who reside in Hennepin or Ramsey counties and meet income eligibility.
Career services for women in transition
Avivo offers supportive and highly interactive day and evening weekly workshop groups that are open to women who reside in Hennepin County and are unemployed or underemployed. Participants will work with a career counselor to:
- Clarify job and career goals
- Practice networking
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence while learning about careers and job searching
- Increase interpersonal effectiveness, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance skills to assist with life balance
Services are free, and open to women who reside in Hennepin County and meet income eligibility requirements.