Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) training is FREE, and graduates can start quickly with good jobs in the field! This course will provide students with the entry-level knowledge and skills required to safely install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair today’s technologically advanced HVAC/R systems. Through a combination of lecture, demonstration and hands-on instruction, students will experience real world training in today’s demanding HVAC-R trade.
Graduates will have in-depth knowledge of furnaces, air conditioners and boilers, and they’ll be prepared to earn a State of Minnesota Special Engineers Boiler Operator License. They’ll also be prepared to pass the EPA Section 608 refrigerant handling certification exam by Esco Institute. Certification ensures you have a solid understanding of the refrigeration cycle and proper handling of CFC, HCFC, and HFC refrigerants.
Find out more at a free, short information session! Join weekly, every Thursday 10:30 – 11:30 a.m at this Zoom link. Meeting ID: 880 8192 2685
**No info session Thursday, August 17
This training course covers the following:
- Principles of thermodynamics.
- Principles of electricity; low and high voltage.
- Understanding of electrical circuits and wiring diagrams.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and proper maintenance of HVAC systems.
- The science of buildings and indoor air quality.
- Tools of the trade; the various types, their applications and purposes.
- Safety; Understanding the principles of on the job safety.
- Piping; the various types of material, their applications and how to service and install piping in different systems.
Entry level jobs with Certifications: Entry-level HVAC apprentice or technician, $29,000-$46,000+ per year.
Avivo is a referral partner with the City of Minneapolis for this training program and training is offered in partnership with Renewable Energy Partners. If you’re interested in learning more about this training course email Beth Bidinger.