Avivo serves as a lifeline for housing, recovery and economic advancement for nearly 10,000 individuals and families in central Minnesota each year. Avivo remains a significant force in improving the well-being of residents and companies in 15 counties and their surrounding areas.
Avivo’s work is more important for Minnesota than ever.
We are facing the greatest mental health and opioid crises of our time. Unsheltered homelessness is wreaking havoc in our communities. As the economy gets better, our most vulnerable families are priced out of housing and other basic needs. And the lowest unemployment rate in history has employers unable to recruit and hire suitable candidates. The acuity of needs of the individuals we serve is absolutely unprecedented.
The Avivo Way
Avivo regards people with absolute dignity, leans into curiosity in the face of every challenge, and extend a radical welcome to all. We are resolute in providing critical services to help individuals find paths out of addiction, mental health crisis, poverty and homlessness. Avivo stands out from other organizations in that in pairs its services — shelter and housing support, chemical and mental health services, training and employment services — to create personal paths for individuals’ long-term success.
No other organization pairs these essential services like Avivo. Below depicts our impact in the most recent full calendar year:
- Nearly 10,000 people served
- 99% of Avivo participants lived at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($30,000 for a family of four)
- 62% of people Avivo serves identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of color
- More than 2,600 individuals found or received support in maintaining housing to avert homelessness
- 2,500 people accessed Avivo’s substance use disorder treatment and mental health services
- More than 1,250 individuals entered jobs or careers
- 1,100 families moved of public assistance and into work
People trust Avivo with their lives, their next steps. Learn firsthand by reading stories of our participants!
We couldn’t do this amazing work with out the support of volunteers, companies, funders, partners and donors! Easy ways to make a difference are by making a charitable contribution or connecting to a volunteer opportunity.
Thank you for helping Avivo’s mission come alive and for believing everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well.