Dislocated Worker Program
As soon as you receive notice of a permanent layoff or termination and are eligible to receive unemployment benefits, Dislocated Worker Program services are available to you. This service, funded by the MN Department of Employment & Economic Development, will help you get back to work as quickly as possible!
Avivo career counselors meet one-to-one with recipients for job placement and career transition services:
- Outplacement services
- Individualized career assessment and counseling
- Resume evaluation and writing
- Job interview preparation
- Job-seeking skills workshops
- New business start-up assistance
- Access to resource centers for technology and Intranet
We offer financial asstance for:
- Training and education for skills enhancement, with a variety of credentialing programs.
- Emergency expenses, child care, transportation or housing.
From counseling, networking, resume writing, to developing interview skills and attending worthwhile workshops, there are several tools we provide for success.
We have longstanding relationships and networks in several industries with more than 200 businesses and hiring partners which give participants connections and insights in their targeted fields.