Dislocated Worker Program
Avivo’s Dislocated Worker Program will help you get back to work as quickly as possible. As soon as you receive notice of a permanent layoff or termination and are eligible to receive unemployment benefits, Avivo’s services are available to you. This service, funded by the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development (DEED), will help you get back on your feet!
Avivo career counselors meet one-to-one with participants in our Dislocated Worker Program for job placement and career transition services:
- Outplacement services
- Individualized career assessment and counseling
- Resume evaluation and writing
- Job interview preparation
- Job-seeking skills workshops
- New business start-up assistance
- Access to resource centers for technology and internet
We offer financial assistance for:
- Training and education for skills enhancement, with a variety of credentialing programs.
- Emergency expenses, child care, transportation or housing.
From counseling, networking, resume writing, to developing interview skills and attending worthwhile workshops, there are several tools we provide for success.
We have long standing relationships and networks in several industries with more than 200 businesses and hiring partners which give participants connections and insights in their targeted fields.