Thank you for the outpouring of support for Avivo Village

On August 3, Avivo Village experienced a fire caused by a damaged lithium-ion battery brought into the facility. Only one unit was directly damaged by the fire, which was contained. Some personal items suffered water damage and needed to be removed.

To make remediation as comfortable as possible for residents, we have:

  • Two additional storage pods on site to keep personal belongings safe.
  • Extra staff for personal and mental health support.
  • Additional food and beverages, in addition to regular meals.

Avivo Village remains open during this time. Ten individuals have chosen to be housed in a temporary location and remain our clients.

We are so grateful for the community’s support and have everything we need to serve residents at this time. We thank our partners for their support, and we appreciate that they continue to be focused on our community members who are unhoused as we focus on our residents.