Medical Office Support Training Program
This 268-hour (17 week) course teaches skills and knowledge related to medical terminology, human anatomy, introductory billing and coding, the culture of healthcare, electronic health records, release of information, ethics, medical software, and more. Graduates are equipped for careers in medical office, patient registration, and billing and scheduling.
Graduates will acquire skills and knowledge in:
- Functions of an office environment, including computer use and Microsoft Office programs.
- Compiling, processing, and maintaining medical information.
- Medical scheduling and billing software.
- Speaking and using medical terminology.
Entry-level jobs after course and MediSoft training include:
- Medical Assistant or Receptionist ($16-$20/hour)
- Patient Representative ($13-$18/hour)
Career pathways requiring 3+ years of experience and/or further certifications/associates degree:
- Medical Coder ($20-$21/hour)
- Laboratory Technician ($18-$22/hour)
Sample jobs requiring 5+ years of experience and/or bachelors degree:
- Health Services Manager ($34-$46/hour)
- Administrative Manager ($28-$40/hour)
If you’re interested in getting more information about courses offered at Avivo, please fill in your name, as well as your email and/or phone number, and we’ll reach out:
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.