Healthcare Technician/Medical Office Career Training Program
This Healthcare Technician/Medical Office Support short-term career training program teaches skills and knowledge related to medical terminology, human anatomy, introductory billing and coding, the culture of healthcare, electronic health records, release of information, ethics, medical software, and more. Graduates are equipped for careers in medical office, patient registration, and billing and scheduling.
Find out more at a free, short information session! Join weekly, every Thursday 10:30 – 11:30 a.m at this Zoom link. Meeting ID: 880 8192 2685
**No info session Thursday, August 17
2438 27th Avenue South #100
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Graduates will acquire skills and knowledge in:
- Functions of an office environment, including computer use and Microsoft Office programs.
- Compiling, processing, and maintaining medical information.
- Medical scheduling and billing software.
- Speaking and using medical terminology.
Entry-level jobs after course and MediSoft training include:
- Medical Assistant or Receptionist ($16-$20/hour)
- Patient Representative ($13-$18/hour)
Medical Office Support Career pathways requiring 3+ years of experience and/or further certifications/associates degree:
- Medical Coder ($20-$21/hour)
- Laboratory Technician ($18-$22/hour)
Sample jobs requiring 5+ years of experience and/or bachelors degree:
- Health Services Manager ($34-$46/hour)
- Administrative Manager ($28-$40/hour)