Telecommunications Installation & Support Career Training
In this six-week telecommunications installation and support career training program, students will learn all aspects of connectivity in today’s world. Students will learn the history, theory, and transmission mediums of communications, as well as Smart Technologies found in homes and businesses. This course will provide the master skill sets and help students achieve certifications to enter careers in telecommunications and pursue any technology-based job. Avivo is accredited by CARF.
Are you interested in learning more about this training course? Learn more in this Q&A.
Training starts in October. Class is held at Osseo ABE, 7051 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Center.
Training is Grant funded for eligible participants. Participants must be 18 years old or older and have the Right to Work in the United States.
- Get up to speed on learning techniques by covering basic prerequisites
- Learn all aspects of connectivity methods
- Master basics of copper cabling, installation, construction and troubleshooting
- Experience all aspects of fiber optics cabling, learn where and when fiber applications are used and how to install the new technology
Achieve the following industry-recognized Certifications:
- Telecommunications Technologies
- Network Cabling Specialist Copper Systems
- Network Cabling Specialist Fiber Optic Systems
- Wireless Technician
Entry level jobs with Certifications:
- Telecom Technician, $48,000 per year
- Low Voltage Technician, $37,000 per year
- Cable Installer, $46,000
Career paths 3+ years (Bachelor’s degree may be required):
- Telecom Testing Engineer, $68,000 per year
- Application Developer, $80,000 per year
- Systems Engineer, $85,000 per year
Learn more about the Avivo Institute of Career & Technical Education.